Laura is a Second generation Las Vegas attorney. After Graduating from Bonanza High School, Laura attended Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, Arizona, graduating with her Bachelor of Arts in History. She attended law school at UNLV's William S. Boyd School of Law. After her second year of law school, Laura completed a summer judicial externship with the Honorable Stephen Huffaker of the Eighth Judicial District Court; and then upon graduation from law school, she became his final law clerk before his retirement. She then clerked for the Honorable Jennifer Togliatti upon the Governor appointing her as Judge Huffaker's replacement.
Laura then worked as an associate for various private firms focusing on the areas of civil litigation, probate, bankruptcy, estate planning, business formation, and family law.
Laura is licensed to practice in both the State and Federal Courts of Nevada and Idaho and is a member of the State Bar of Nevada and the Idaho State Bar. Upon joining Goldsmith & Guymon, P.C. her focus is in Probate, Estate Planning, Bankruptcy, Guardianship, and Family Law.
Areas of Practice
- Probate/Trust Administration & Litigation
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Nevada, 2002
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada, 2002
- Idaho, 2002
- U.S. District Court District of Idaho, 2002
- William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada
- J.D. - 2001
- Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona
- B.A. - 1994
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Nevada, Member
- State Bar of Nevada, Family Law Section, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Legal Aide Center of Southern Nevada, 2006 to Present